Although not entirely mainstream just yet, did you know that emu oil has a plethora of health and beautifying benefits ? Sounds obscure, I know, but I was inspired to write about the lovely benefits of this miracle oil after seeing a sign on a health food store in my city that deemed 'Emu Oil is Nature's Botox.' I did research, read some articles, and came to the conclusion that this could be next in line to coconut oil which is currently my favorite beautifying oil. Sounds promising if you ask me! What (or who?!) is an emu, you ask? If you didn't know, an emu is actually a bird that can grow up to six feet tall and is native to the land down under of Australia. For quite an odd looking bird, (picture a goofy looking gigantic ostrich!), the oil they produce is magical to say the least! You can definitely add a unique skin care service to your spa for your clients who are looking to rejuvenate their skin. Check out some of emu oil's health benefits below!
- Filled with Vitamin A and Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, emu oil can help to repair skin damage through antioxidant properties.
- Why is it called nature's botox? High in oleic acid, this can help to regenerate skin cells and prevent wrinkles.
- Leave your client's skin feeling super soft with emu oil, as it contains sapogens which are natural skin softeners.
- Some evidence based clinical trials have even confirmed that emu oil acts as an anti-inflammatory which can be effective for irritated skin.
- It can also be effective as a moisturizer when applied topically.
We carry pure emu oil at Pure Spa Direct which you can incorporate into your spa's services! Use it during facial treatments, or even use our Organic Emu Massage Lotion during massage services as well. Change up your menu and get your client's hooked on this beautifying oil!